Sunday, January 18, 2015

Smell The Flowers by Kay Wyne


Smell The Flowers
8" x 8" Oil on RayMar Cotton Panel
Contemporary Still Life Painting
This little palette knife painting was inspired by a small bouquet of pink and coral flowers that are at the studio.  I simplified the bouquet, and grayed down the colors, and went abstract.  I started to use a brush to apply the paint, but this painting called for the palette knife.  The colors used are left over from yesterday's painting...I freeze my oils so they don't dry out...I have piles of corals, pinks and lavenders in the freezer, so I might have another painting with the same colors in the near future.  I am happy with the composition, paint application and the way it turned out.  Thanks for looking at this blog....Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment