Friday, April 3, 2015

New Tuscany Palette Knife Painting by Niki Gulley at the Good Art Company

"Peaceful Pursuit," Tuscany ©2015 Niki Gulley
 30" x 48” textured oil painting on gallery wrap canvas

This painting is inspired from a trip to Tuscany we took a few years ago when my husband, who is a professional photographer, and I spent about a week scouring every inch of the countryside for the best poppy fields and views. I was particularly drawn to this peaceful scene, even if the poppies weren’t as prolific as in other fields. I loved the calming, sweeping shapes of the hills and the vibrant reds contrasting against the softer grasses and white wildflowers. The road beckons you back to the stone farmhouse in the distance, while dramatic voluminous clouds dance across the sky, mimicking the foreground shapes and creating a sense of harmony. Repeating colors throughout, I love how the Impressionists used vibrant hues to add to the mood of a scene and create flow, so I brought my contemporary approach with broad strokes and thick texture to their traditions. I hope you, too, can feel a sense of peace and joy when you gaze into this Tuscan landscape.

"Peaceful Pursuit" along with several of my new palette knife paintings will be featured in my One Woman Show, hosted by the Good Art Company Gallery in Fredericksburg, TX. If interested in more information on pricing or purchasing this palette knife Tuscany painting, please contact The Good Art Company.

The Good Art Company Gallery
Niki Gulley - One Woman Show
Opening Reception / Meet the Artist - April 3rd, 5pm - 9pm
Show continuing through April
218 West Main St.
Fredericksburg, TX

No comments:

Post a Comment