Thursday, September 24, 2015

New "Interplay" Palette Knife Aspen Tree Painting by Niki Gulley

"Interplay" ©2015 by Niki Gulley
 36" x 48" original textured oil painting

Flickering autumn leaves seem to almost dance in a gentle breeze. I wanted this scene to be filled with movement and energy, so I incorporated a lot of diagonal and curving shapes in the design to suggest that feeling. Contrasting short staccato strokes against blended passages with my palette knives, also increase that sense of motion. I hope you, too, can feel the excitement of walking through the woods on a beautiful fall day, letting your cares slip away and your spirit being invigorated.

Or, to see more of my contemporary landscape paintings online, visit NikiGulley.com.

E-mail Niki Gulley for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment