Saturday, September 19, 2015

New "Colorful Carousel" Palette Knife Aspen Tree Painting by Niki Gulley

"Colorful Carousel" ©2015 by Niki Gulley
 36" x 60" original textured oil painting

I wanted this painting to be about the power and energy in nature to invigorate your spirit, so I chose to use warm vivid colors contrasted against cool underbrush while utilizing thick staccato strokes to add to that feeling. I placed the fall foliage in curving sweeping shapes to create a sense of movement, so that you can feel the wind gently rustling the leaves and causing them to dance on a beautiful fall day.

To see my work in person, I'll be exhibiting at Autumn and Art in Witchita, KS this weekend.
Autumn and Art – Bradley Fair
Friday, Sept. 18 • 10am – 7pm
Saturday, Sept. 19 • 10am – 7pm
Sunday, Sept. 20 • 10am – 5pm
Bradley Fair Parkway • Wichita, KS

Or, to see more of my contemporary landscape paintings online, visit NikiGulley.com.

E-mail Niki Gulley for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment