Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Georgie Boy by Kay Wyne - Sold


Georgie Boy
Sold
12" x 12" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Contemporary Rooster Painting 
George has flown away from Dutch Art Gallery, and I am thrilled to report that he has a new home!  Thanks to gallery owner Pam Massar for selling Georgie Boy to a Dallas collector.  George is a handsome Buff Orpington rooster, and is the mascot at our local Gecko Hardware Store in Lake Highlands.  I painted this 12" x 12" canvas several months ago in the gallery with George sitting on the counter.  I wanted to get his beautiful feathers and full body in this painting.  I loved layering the paint to get a full-chested and fluffy George on canvas using my palette knife.  Thanks for looking at my blog...I guess I need to paint another Georgie soon!  Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment