Friday, April 7, 2017

Hideaway by Kay Wyne


Hideaway
36" x 36" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Contemporary Palette Knife Painting
Here's a few photos of the progress on this canvas.  This was a fun painting for me, as I had not painted a bird's nest in years.  I am letting it sit at the studio and giving my eye a chance to figure out if it needs anything else.  I started with my transparent and a large squeegee, spreading the paint and getting the darks in.  I used a palette knife and a wide bright brush when it came to the feathers, leaves and twigs and everything that makes up the nest.























Thanks for looking at my art.  Feel free to contact me about this painting or any of my other art.  This painting is available for purchase.  Contact Kay Wyne for more info.  Thanks, Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment