Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Abstract by Kay Wyne





Horizontal
48" x 60" 

Vertical
60" x 48"

I painted this abstract on a 48" x 60" Gallery Wrap Canvas.  It can hang vertically or horizontally.  I painted it horizontally until the last day, and at the point I turned it on it's side to reach some canvas that needed some detail and brushstrokes headed in another direction.  Turning the canvas on all four sides gives the viewer some options on hanging...

This painting started out as a landscape with a horizon line and colorful land bars.  Once my wide lines and shape started to take place, it began to look and feel like a stream of water with fish swimming upstream.  I concentrated on my color palette from the get-go, wanting pleasant and beautiful colors.  I mixed everything...nothing is straight out of a tube.  This painting is drying at the studio.  It isn't titled right now....although "Upstream" might be a good choice.  The sides of the canvas are painted with a dark vulcan grey, and framing is not necessary.  Contact Kay Wyne for more information on this contemporary abstract painting.  Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment