Thursday, May 12, 2016

Untitled Commission by Kay Wyne


Commission - Untitled
Sold
40" x 40" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
This was a fun piece as I was able to work with the collector from start to finish.  It was a great experience, and I was thrilled to have this contemporary landscape painting go to a new home in Texas. I was focusing on the soft color palette, especially the spa greens and grey blues, with hints and shades of peachy-oranges, naples yellow, soft lavenders and turquoise blues.  I started with a base coat of grey and then took a large filbert brush and sketched out the shapes.  Using my palette knife, I applied layers and layers of oils.  I put a fan on it every night to help the drying process.  I hope that the viewer can stand in front of this painting and get a pleasant and positive feeling from this palette knife painting.  I am going to let the new owner title this contemporary landscape painting, so for now it is "Untitled".  Thanks for looking at my blog...Kay Wyne

No comments:

Post a Comment