Sunday, April 10, 2016

Vortex Abstract by Kay Wyne


Vortex
Abstract Diptych - Vortex I and II
40" x 60" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Contemporary Palette Knife Painting
These two canvases started out as a landscape, but ended up with the energy and movement of a vortex.  (According to my studio mates.)  This was a painting that ended up going in a different direction once I got into it.  I had put my darks in first, and went over-board, and after letting it sit on my easel for several weeks, I painted out the darks, and scraped some of the dark greens and grey out.  My favorite colors in this are the cad oranges mixed with the pinky beiges.  There is a hint of turqoise under the layers of greens. The blues and grey are beautiful...I mixed and mixed piles of them and layered them on with the palette knife.  There is a lot of depth and texture.  It is drying at the studio.  Contact Kay Wyne for more information on this diptych.  Thanks for looking at this blog....Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment